The Spirit Education Foundation provides educational scholarships for high school scholars in need of financial support. Scholarships are granted for 5 years from Grade 8 to Grade 12 at specific partner high schools in the Cape Town, South Africa.
- Scholarship applications for Grade 8 in 2020 are closed.
- Scholarship application for Grade 8 in 2021 are open from 1 September until 31 October 2019.
Scholarships for Grade 8 in 2021:
The Spirit Education Foundation is pleased to announce that our annual scholarship selection process is open from 1 September – 31 October 2019 for current Grade 6 learners wishing to apply for a high school scholarship in Grade 8 in 2021.
Initial applications to write our first test are invited from learners who:
- Are currently in Grade 6
- Scored a code 6 or 7 on their Term 2 report for Maths, English and Natural Science
- Whose family income is under R 20 000 per month, before deductions
- Intend on applying at one of the Spirit Education Foundation’s partner high schools in 2020, namely Bergvliet High, Claremont High, Norman Henshilwood High, Pinelands High, Westerford High, Wynberg Boys’ and Wynberg Girls’ High.
Those who meet the above requirements may download the Scholarship Application Form here:
Applications will be examined by Spirit Education Foundation staff and selected learners will be invited to write our first-round scholarship entry exam in January 2020. Successful candidates will be contacted by the Spirit Education Foundation (via email) informing them of the date of the test and what supporting documents to bring on the day of the test. Applications to write the test must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 31 October 2019.
Please carefully read the application information and criteria in the link below before completing your application form.